Right of withdrawal
Upon delivery of products
- When purchasing products, a consumer has the possibility of dissolving the contract, without giving reasons, during fourteen days. This period commences on the day after the product was received by the consumer or a representative previous designated by the consumer and announced to the trader.
- During this period the consumer will treat the product and its packaging with care. He will only unpack or use the product as far as necessary in order to be able to assess whether he wishes to retain the product. If he wishes to exercise his right of withdrawal, then he will return the product to the trader, with all associated components, and - in as far as this is reasonably possible - in the original state and packaging, in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions that were provided by the trader.
Upon delivery of services:
- When services are supplied, a consumer has the possibility of dissolving the contract, without giving reasons, during at least fourteen days, starting on the day when the contract was concluded.
- In order to make use of his right of withdrawal, the consumer will act in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions that the trader provided when the offer was made and/or at the latest upon delivery.
Article 1 - Costs in a case of withdrawal
- If a consumer makes use of his right of withdrawal, he shall be responsible for, at most, the costs of returning the goods.
- If the consumer has paid a sum, the trader will refund this sum as quickly as possible, though at the latest within 30 days after the goods were returned or after the withdrawal.
Article 2 - Preclusion from right of withdrawal
- The trader can preclude the consumer from having a right of withdrawal as far is provided for in paragraph 2 and 3 of this article. The preclusion of the right of withdrawal is only valid if the trader clearly stated this fact when making the offer, or at least in good time prior to conclusion of the contract.
- Preclusion from the right of withdrawal is only possible for products:
- that have been created by the trader in accordance with the consumer's specifications;
- that are clearly of a personal nature;
- that cannot be returned due to their nature;
- that rapidly decay or become obsolete;
- the price of which is subject to fluctuations on the financial market over which the trader has no influence;
- for individual newspapers and magazines;
- for audio- and video-recordings and computer software, whereby the consumer has broken the seal.
- Preclusion from the right of withdrawal is only possible for services:
- relating to accommodation, transport, restaurant business or leisure activities to be carried out on a given date or during a given period;
- the supply of which commenced, with the explicit consent of the consumer, before the withdrawal period had lapsed;
- relating to bets and lotteries.